Bronchitis Acute Bronchitis - Dry Cough and Sore ThroatSometimes, a sore throat can be accompanied by cough, which can be productive or non-productive. A non-productive cough is also known as a dry cough, which can be identified by the absence of phlegm or sputum production, unlike a productive cough.
Case of pulmonary fibrosis, the elastic properties of the lungs get affected due to the replacement of elastin by collagen. Collagen is not as elastic as elastin, which affects the ability to lungs to stretch or expand. This leads to reduced compliance. On the other hand, emphysema is characterized by damage to the elastic tissue of the alveolar sacs in the lungs due to enzymes secreted by leukocytes (white blood cells). Smokers are at a high risk for emphysema. The secretion of enzymes occurs due to exposure to irritants from cigarette smoke. Emphysema leads to poor elastic recoil, which in turn leads to high lung compliance. People affected by emphysema find it harder to exhale or expel air out of the lungs. As a result, they experience shortness of breath. At times, the alveolar sacs could become filled with fluid due to edema, which in turn might be observed in case of pneumonia or left-sided heart failure. This will also result in reduced lung compliance. It is the normal style of writers to add additional information with the intention of lengthening the length of an article. However, we have provided a short and concise article with only required information on Chronic Bronchitis.
- Mononucleosis Also known as the 'kissing disease', mononucleosis spreads through contact with the saliva of the infected individual.
- This viral disease is characterized by fever and enlarged lymph nodes, especially in the neck and the armpits.
- This infectious disease can also cause swollen tonsils, fatigue or malaise, skin rash, and headaches.
- Mononucleosis is caused by the Epstein-Barr virus, and is more common in teenagers and young adults.
- Pharyngitis Pharyngitis is the infection or inflammation of the pharynx or the back of the throat.
- The affected individual can experience a sore throat, scratchiness in the throat, and difficulty in swallowing.
- Sometimes, a fever, a runny nose, headaches, and body aches can also be experienced.
- However, the most common symptom of this condition is a sore throat, which can be accompanied by a dry cough at times.
- Pharyngitis can be caused by both viral and bacterial infections.
- We were rather indecisive on where to stop in our writings of Bronchitis Acute.
- We just went on writing and writing to give a long article.
Other CausesA sore throat and dry cough can also be associated with smoking, inhalation of foreign particles or irritants, sinus infections, and postnasal drip. In postnasal drip, the nasal mucosa produces excess mucus, which then accumulates in the throat or back of the nose. This can cause a sore throat and cough. Apart from these, gastroesophageal reflux disease can produce soreness in the throat and a dry cough, besides causing difficulty in swallowing. We have not actually resorted to roundabout means of getting our message on Cough through to you. All the matter here is genuine and to the point.
Acute BronchitisAcute bronchitis can also start with a dry cough, which is then followed by the production of a small amount of white or yellow sputum, wheezing, a sore throat, fever, shortness of breath, and a burning sensation in the chest. Bronchitis refers to the inflammation of the mucous membranes of the bronchi. Bronchitis can be acute or chronic. Acute bronchitis is usually caused by viral or bacterial infections, while chronic bronchitis is caused by smoking or long-term occupational exposure to irritating fumes or dust.
From a Dry Cough for Weeks or Months You Should See Your Doctor
Treatment of Dry Cough and Sore ThroatThe treatment of these two conditions depends on the underlying causes. If these are caused by bacterial infections, then antibiotics can be used. Cough suppressants and throat lozenges can also help reduce the soreness in the throat.
Along with medications, a few simple home remedies can also help reduce coughing and throat soreness. For example, you can use slightly warm saline water to gargle your throat two to three times a day. The value of this composition is achieved if after reading it, general information on acute bronchitis Dry Cough is greatly influenced. This is how we find out that the meaning of Bronchitis Dry Cough has really entered you!
The time required for complete recovery from pneumonia is usually between 2 weeks to 2 months depending on the severity of the infection, and the immune system of the individual who has contracted the disease. The initial stages of this article on Bronchitis Dry Cough proved to be difficult. However, with hard work and perseverance, we have succeeded in providing an interesting and informative article for you to read.
- Sometimes, a sore throat and dry cough can occur simultaneously, while at other times, a dry cough can follow a sore throat.
- This condition can be alleviated or treated effectively once the underlying cause/causes are discerned.
- So, let's find out the factors or conditions that can cause a sore throat and dry cough.
- You may be inquisitive as to where we got the matter for writing this article on Dry Cough.
- Of course through our general knowledge, and the Internet!