Dry Cough - Dry Cough At Night
Dry or wet cough is not a disease but a symptom of some other medical conditions that might affect the body. It may interfere with sleep, and daily functioning of the affected person. In most cases, a dry cough (also known as a non-productive cough) usually worsens at night.
Food allergies are not very well-known in causing chest congestion; however, their impact is eminent in nature. Increased levels of histamine in the lungs causes the individual to succumb to this trouble. As histamine is produced in the lungs, the soft tissue become inflamed; thereby, restricting the airways. Known to be a chemical in the body, dealing with bronchitis with bromelain from infection; however, it can cause inflammation. When you ingest the food item you are allergic to, the immune system reacts to the proteins in that food, treating them as harmful. The body reacts by creating Immunoglobulin E (IgE) -- antibodies that defend it. The production of IgE antibodies causes cells in the lungs to produce histamine. There are some people who are allergic to milk and other dairy products. They cause allergic asthma in an individual.
- Lobelia Lobelia is the Indian tobacco, which is a highly toxic herb.
- Therefore, it is always recommended in very small doses.
- It is used to treat respiratory conditions such as asthma, bronchitis, and severe coughing.
- An idle brain, is a devil's workshop they say.
- Using this ideology in mind, we ventured to write on Wet Cough, so that something productive would be achieved of our minds.
Allergy to Molds can Also Cause this Health IssueDust mites and molds have a higher degree of infestation, especially during winters. Dust mites are spider-like creatures that are invisible to the naked eye. They are found predominantly on bedding. Writing something about Cough seemed to be something illogical in the beginning. However, with the progress of matter, it seemed logical. Matter just started pouring in, to give you this finished product.
- Fenugreek Fenugreek seeds are rich in mucilage, lipids, and protease inhibitors, and is used to treat sore throat.
- It also helps to remove mucus and phlegm from the air passages.
- Bell Pepper: Bell pepper is a natural expectorant.
- So, add it to your diet, and try to eat at least one meal in a day which has bell pepper in it.
- It will help to thin out the mucus, and it will be easy to cough it out.
Marshmallow Marshmallow roots and leaves contain a gummy substance called mucilage. It is mixed with water to form a gel, which may be applied to the throat to reduce irritation. We had at first written a rough assignment on Dordt college. Then after a few improvisions and enhancements here and there, we have ended up with this end product. .
Other CausesOther conditions associated with a nocturnal dry cough or a dry cough that aggravates at night include: Self-Care Measures Treatment of dry cough depends on its underlying cause. That is why, it is crucial to determine what is causing the cough, and take appropriate yogic exercises for asthma cure it. Apart from following a doctor's advice, the following self-care measures can be taken to reduce discomfort and manage the symptoms.
When one lungs chronic bronchitis, it can be in an acute form occurring due to a bacterial, or viral infection. It is mostly a viral infection, and hence, oral corticosteroids for copd of much use. Pneumonia, on the other hand, can occur due to a variety of factors. It can either be community-acquired infection, or a nosocomial infection. It, generally affects immunocompromised individuals, like children, the elderly, pregnant women, etc. The main causative agent of pneumonia is the bacterium called Streptococcus pneumoniae. Opportunity knocks once. So when we got the opportunity to write on Dry Cough, we did not let the opportunity slip from our hands, and got down to writing on Dry Cough.
- Drink a lot of Fluids: Drink plenty of fluids throughout the day.
- Be it soups, herbal teas, or plain warm water.
- Drinking lots of fluids will thin the mucus and make coughing up white mucus easier, also it will decrease the span of infection.