Cold Bronchitis - Natural Remedies Explored - BronchitisHad a very bad bout decongesting bronchitis the natural way ago, which led to a chronic asthma condition. I lost 2 stone in weight over a 2 month period and I had little idea of how to deal with the debilitating illness...I was frequently struggling to be able to breathe. It's not something I would like to go through again, but it took me the best part of two years to get to grips with the condition.
- Please feel free to let me have any tips of your own.
- I have a keen interest in using natural remedies and have had years of experience in using herbs and homeopathy.
- As a child I often had winter colds that developed into bronchitis, with the inevitable regular visit to the doctor.
- Every time antibiotics were prescribed, why I do not know, but I believe this was what led to me developing asthma later in life.
- Colds are caused by viruses and are not killed by antibiotics, which kill bacteria, all bacteria even the necessary one's that help with digestion.
- In addition to weakening the digestive system the bodies immune system is also compromised as it has lost a vital ally in fighting yeast and fungi.
- These are always present in the body but the good gut bacteria keep them in check.
- Mainstream medicine now recognises the effect Candida can have on a compromised immune system, although you might still counter some scepticism.
- Alternative medicine has known about it for a long time.
- If you do have to use antibiotics then it is sensible to repopulate your gut with good bacteria.
- There are now plenty of probiotic products available, many advertised on the TV.
- It was with great relief we ended writing on Cold Bronchitis.
- There was just too much information to write, that we were starting to lose hopes on it's completion!
The first step is to remove wheat and milk products from the diet (before you panic, davis & elkins college temporary measure). Why you ask? Because when you have a cold or bronchitis the body produces more mucus and you do not want to add to this by eating mucus producing foods. I know some of you will be sceptical, but what have you got to lose...just try it and see. We have also translated parts of this composition into French and Spanish to facilitate easier understanding of Bronchitis. In this way, more people will get to understand the composition.
Also try adding garlic, onions, ginger, chillies, cloves and liquorice (not the sweets, but do not take if you have high blood pressure) to your diet, as they all act as decongestants. The following herbs are also very useful: astragalus, coltsfoot, echinacea, elderberry, elecampane, ephedra, eucalyptus, fenugreek, gingko, goldenseal, lobelia, mullein oil and reishi. Dwelving into the interiors of Cold Bronchitis has led us to all this information here on Cold Bronchitis. Cold Bronchitis do indeed have a lot to tell!Dwelving into the interiors of Cold Bronchitis remedies us to all this information here on Cold Bronchitis. Chronic bronchitis do indeed have a lot to tell!